The solar heater is the main element used for the extraction of alternative thermal energy by the heater. The principle of operation of the solar heater is very simple. Water heats up when it passes through the grids and tubes of small diameter solar heater. These tubes and grids are solar traps. They consume solar energy.
Proper installation of the solar heater is very important. It will achieve the maximum amount of heat generation. The installation of solar collectors made professionally will allow the solar system to serve for at least a quarter of a century.
You should consider in detail how to install pool solar panels on your tile roof before proceeding with installation. You need to determine the desired roof area for the installation of panels. The installation location will expand if the power of the panels increases. An area of 2 square meters is necessary to heat 200 liters of water in the pool. You will need 4 square meters if the volume of your pool is 400 liters.
The design of fasteners may vary depending on the type of roof. The scheme of fasteners for cattle and flat roofs will be radically different. The mounting support of the solar collector is mount parallel to the roof, above the roofing coating or with embedding in the roof with a pitched roof surface. Mounting on a flat roof is more complicated from an engineering point of view. Contact a qualified installer for the calculation if you are doing this for the first time.
A solar heating system will work as productively as possible if you know how to install solar pool heating panels correctly. The correct angle of inclination of the solar panels can increase the annual performance. The tilt angle must be calculate individually for different types of heaters. Vacuum collectors with «heat pipe» technology have a minimum allowable angle of 27 degrees. Flat systems do not have such limitations, unless it is a Drain back system.
The solar collector should be turn in the most effective direction. It may be south, west, east, southwest, and southeast. Direction depends on your region of residence.
The amount of heat produced depends on the amount of solar radiation that hits the surface of the panel. We must consider the possible shading of buildings, trees, chimneys throughout the day during installation. Significant shading can lead to heat loss and reduce the economic effect of using a solar system.
The distance between the panels must be consider when building large objects on a flat roof. Shading of devices with each other may occur. Installing a solar panel for above ground pool requires additional theoretical training. It will allow carrying out the installation correctly and using the system for many years.
Pool solar panel installation instructions
A detailed algorithm for installing a solar panel to heat the pool will help you install quickly and efficiently.
1. Remove the heater from the box and warm it with the sun (30 min.) Do not lay the heater on the grass due to the possibility of fire. Brackets and piping require one foot of free space around the solar device. Collectors can be install on either side of the slot if the roof has slots 3 “in diameter. The brackets of the upper assembly are located in each groove along the entire length of the heater. The heater should be tilt to the plugs for pumping water in case of preparation for winter operation.
2.Install the bottom brackets directly below the bottom of each top bracket.
3. Drill 1/8 “holes for all brackets. The square-head screw must be long so that it can touch the inside of the roof under the roof tiles. Fill the holes with plenty of sealant. The surface around the holes should also be cover with reinforcing material. Insert the brackets into the roof and fill the head with sealant.
4. Check all connections. Make sure they are tight and firmly installed.
5. Expand the valve so that water flows through the solar device.
6. Start the pump and check for leaks. You will see bubbles from the air in the pool. It is explain by the fact that the solar installation is blow with air. The bubbles will disappear in a few minutes.
Solar have a simple scheme, but do not be deceive by this factor. We must be serious about choosing a pipeline. Water temperature in the system may be high. The pipeline must withstand such a load. The main part of the solar system is under the influence of natural precipitation when installing the solar heater on the roof. You must adhere to the perfect corrosion protection and maximize the support. This will avoid changing the geometric shape of the structure due to strong wind gusts.
Many pool owners prefer to install a chassis heater. Your solar collector will heat better if it is remove from the earth in a cold period. Black plastic or a platform under the heater can help. Pay attention to the figure below where the design and the table with materials are indicate.
This information is useful if the heater is install on a chassis with a slope. The chassis with a slope should be turn in the direction of the sun and fully consecrate by the rays. It is better to install it in such a way that children cannot access the device.
Solar pool heater installation requires a clear sequence of actions. Your system will last for many years if you can install it correctly. A solar heater on the roof requires more knowledge and time to install. You can place your solar panels in the yard if there is enough space. Use the installation instructions and follow all recommendations. It will help you install the solar heater as quickly and efficiently as possible.